Tuesday, January 3

Resolutions of 2012

Well here we are, 2 days into 2012. I guess this means it is time to post these resolutions I've had knocking around in my head for a few days. While some of my goals for 2012 are numbers and things I want to accomplish, I also want to focus on a mental and emotional level this year also.

I just finished reading this article on things to quit doing to yourself to create unhappiness or sabotage self confidence. I think it had some great points, and several of them really hit home for me.  I'm going to print out the bullet points and put them up to read every morning. I think I will go back and read the whole article once a week or once a month also just to reinforce the ideas in my head. I've spent so much of my life trying to make someone else happy or doing what someone wants me to do that I'm not sure how to put myself first. I've also let the past dictate the future for far to long. It's time to put the past behind me and live for today and tomorrow.

Now putting the mental stuff behind me, my physical goals for 2012 are:
~focus on self control in eating and what I eat. In this I want to lose about 10-15 pounds and be in the 130s finally.
~after my foot is better, I want to focus on my short distance speed. I would like to have a 5K time of 25:xx and a 10K time of 53:xx.
~if I do a fall 1/2 marathon, I want to try and get a sub2 hour time.
~i'd like another shot at the marathon this year. Maybe in November.
~run over 1000 miles for the year.

I think these are some doable goals and definitely some that will challenge me in all aspects this year. A friend suggested reviewing goals once a month to critic progress and make adjustments if necessary. I think this is a great idea and its my hope to do this also.

Happy New Year to everyone and good luck in your resolutions!

No comments: